Monday, September 8, 2014

Trust me. I'm an.. Artist??!?

No. Really. Apparently, in just a few months, I went from techno-geek to (starving) artist.

This isn't the path I expected myself to go down. I still don't expect to be an "artist" when I finish my education at the Art Institute. However, with just a few months of experience, I am certain that I will always -be- an artist. In just a few months I have learned how to take tools from around me and create something which was merely a vision in my head. I've never been able to do that before, but art has helped make that possible for me.

I've found a passion for working in ink. I'm not very good at free hand so I rely heavily on stencils and rulers. That doesn't make me a bad artist it just means I work differently than some people.

One of the most exciting things I have done in several years is so sign up for Fine Art America account. My artist account allows me not only to post my artistic work but to sell it as well. Far from being an "artist", I feel like a business man, an entrepreneur who is creating his own future and building his own wealth. I haven't sold anything (yet) but I only posted last evening. I've already had 30 page views which makes me very excited.




I couldn't be happier at the Art Institute. I am really excited to be able to have a place to sell my art. And I feel like my design education is filling in a huge gap in my life that has held me back and prevented me from creating the vision I have always had for myself.

(I would really appreciate anyone who would take the time to go look at my artist account. The full link can be found here:  )




Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *