Monday, August 27, 2012

Bianca Jagger Had Very Bad Breath

(This is an excerpt from a working biography titled "Still Breathing, Still Pouring" which I am working on with legendary bartender, Studio 54 groupie, and label whore Sal Defalco. This is all told from his real life perspective and please note it is a ROUGH DRAFT.)

Studio 54 was already famous throughout New York and the Tri-state area after their April 26, 1977 opening. It only took the disco a week to become world famous.

Even though I wasn't working there yet, every drip of gossip that came out of that place passed through my ears. My "date" for the Grand Opening, a very recognizable face from a very "fruity" and wealthy family in the New York area, rang me up to tell me about the next fiasco to come out of there.

May 2nd was Bianca Jagger's birthday. She was the epitome of a New York socialite, married to a rock star, fundraiser, charity organizer, jet-setter, party-goer. You get the picture. There was only one place spectacular enough for her to have her party at and only one person she would let design it. Studio 54 and Halston, of course.

Stevie didn't want to have the party on a Monday night. "Who the hell is gonna come out on a Monday night?" But then again, Steve Rubell did even more outlandish things and they still managed to turn to gold. This, my friends, is how we ended up with Bianca Jagger being lead through the doorways of Studio 54 on a white horse.

 Biana Jagger Rode a White Horse




This is what defines "making an entrance" and no one could forget this statuesque Halston-clad Nicaraguan goddess when she wanted to make an entrance. And when she was led off of her horse by a completely nude Victor Hugo and found her way onto the disco, she was surrounded by the likes of Mick Jagger, Liza Minelli, Halston, Calvin Klein, Sean Byrnes, Jerry Hall and my go to man David Geffen. Sex for cash was easy and fun and something David loved to do.

Before Bianca Jagger, Studio 54 had hit New York hard. After her picture at the disco made its run over the front page of countless newspapers all over the globe, Studio 54 went world-wide. Steve Rubell would have made Studio the icon that it became no matter what, but Bianca sure as hell helped him along the way. Goldfrapp immortalized the entire even in her song "Ride the White Horse".

I've only met the woman twice. The first time I ran into her, she was shopping with Steve Rubell in SoHo. As I walked with them, this small vintage barcalite box caught my eye. It wasn't anything fancy but it caught my eye. Steve offered to buy it for me. I still have it, tucked away in my closet, full of empty cocaine vials. While he was paying for it, Bianca walked off. As soon as she was out of earshot, Steve turned to me and whispered, "Damn, her breath stinks!"

I didn't meet her again until a dinner party years later. I was having dinner at Francesco Scavulo's home. His lover, Sean Byrnes was there, along with Helen Gurley Brown and Enid Shore. It was around the holidays and Bianca came by the house to pick up her Christmas present to Halston. Scavulo had taken a gorgeous black and white photograph and had it framed. It must have been worth ten thousand dollars. Of course, she had a present for Franceso as well. She gave him a Halston cologne gift basket that could be bought at any JC Pennys and was probably found in the back of Halston's closet. The conversation for the next hour after she left was how cheap she was.

I hope I don't offend Bianca. You know, she has done some wonderful things with the International Red Cross and in helping indigenous tribes in Latin America. She is still doing amazing things with the World Future Council. The girl has really made it.

Doesn't change the fact that she was a mess before she did!
Share This

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Us

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *